Footprints

Footprints

5/1/07

The Changing of Me

I'm changing. The "Me" I used to know is not the same. I know that there is no way you can go through losing someone close to you without changing. But to actually live through the change is an amazing thing to feel and go through.

I look at things differently. The nice lady who works at the dentist office...would I have ever known she was a widow unless it was my story and in innocent conversation it would come out? We shared our knowledge and like best friends we gossiped about all that we went through and how our lives were so different. Who knew she was 64 and I was 32, when you are a widow there are no age requirements to relate to each other. We are together in this process and without really knowing each other, we actually know each other better than some of our closest friends.

This is how my life is different. Oh yeah, I always talked to strangers, but never did I really have a story to share with them or something in my life that might touch them. But now, when I tell my story and I share about Richie, I touch someone's life. I can tell when it helps someone and I always thank God as soon as I am alone for showing me how to help someone...in whatever small way I might have?

I'm sure someone out there has written a poem about how life is like the changing of the seasons...today I feel like its spring. I feel as if my heart is waking up from a long winter and I see the flowers beginning to bud, I see the grass turning green again, and the trees are beginning to become full. My life is changing, the old "Me" is being replaced by this new person and I am beginning to like her.

No comments: