Footprints

Footprints

4/22/07

My Footprints...

I've been thinking...isn't it true that it isn't the length of the story of your life but the contents of it, right? Where did you leave your footprints?

Did you leave them outside a friend's door when you went by to check on them when they were sick? Did you leave them near your car when you drove to the hospital to check on a sick friend or welcome a new baby into the world? Are they outside of the church where you go to pray and learn about God?

Where have you left all your footprints?

I've been thinking about this a lot over the last year. How can I make a difference, how can I leave a "footprint" in someone's life? I'd like to think that Richie's death has taught me so much, even through the sadness.

I have tried to volunteer more, call friends more often, raise money for worthy causes...I've just tried to be a better person. Yeah, what pushed me this way was Richie's death but I'd like to think that now I am doing it because it's the right thing to do you know?

I want to make a difference in someone's life. I want to touch someone with my story or in some way that will help them and somehow change their life for the better.

I'm not sure what I am moving towards but I know that something in my life is changing...I know that God is leading me towards something I just haven't seen what it is yet.

But I do know this, my footprints are behind me and hopefully one day they will lead someone to a better place.

No comments: