Footprints

Footprints

4/13/07

"In The Fairway with Fred Day"

The 8th Annual Coastal Cup began yesterday with the theme being set in Richie's memory.

The guys started the caravan around 6am yesterday down to Sand Destin. I know this year is hard on them. I got a few calls and text messages from a some of them yesterday to tell me that Richie's birthday was being celebrated down there and I was assured by Jarrett, "Stacie, he's down here too."

Helen and I were talking last night about how in the past, us wives and girlfriends have always complained about #1 the amount of money that is spent but also just the crazy behavior that seems to come out of this trip. Every single one of them has been the subject of some story that has come out of there in the last 8 years and God only knows Richie was a top participant. But this year, instead of being upset and worrying, we were saying its just good to know they are all together. This year, this group of 30 somethings realize how lucky they are to have each other and the amazing friendships they have. Richie's death taught them all how short life is and I am thankful they have this trip to remember that and to create more memories.

As they tee off today I know that some of them will have Richie heavily weighing on their hearts, but I also know he is up there with his piece of paper keep up with all the scores and making bets on who is taking the trophy home this year.

Thank you guys for the shirt and hat, Richie finally got his name on the shirt and I know he is up there grinning about that.

Good luck...he's riding right beside you in that golf cart.

No comments: