Footprints

Footprints

4/18/07

Fred Richard Day, Jr (1972-2006)

Richie,

I have been sitting here for an hour wondering what to write to you today. How can I put into words how much I miss you? There are no words to hold all the emotions I feel today. I just miss you with all my heart and soul.

I have learned a lot since you died. I have learned how to be more thankful for what I have. I have learned that you can't control life, you just have to hang on, pray a lot and hope that you make the right decisions.

I have learned that you need to love those around you but its ok to walk away from those who hurt you or aren't good for you. That one took me a while to realize but I know I made some good decisions by walking away from the negative in my life.

I want to thank you for the life we had. I know we had our ups and downs. God only knows how we made it as far as we did, but for some reason God got us to that alter and then he made us face our issues in couseling together. Those many hours we spent with Cathy are what I hold on to a lot. Those moments where you were so open and raw about things taught me that even though it was hard, you loved me and you really wanted our marriage to work. We never gave up on each other, even in the most horrible of times. We gave it our all.

I know that God has a plan. He had a plan that night when he had me find you. I often wonder, who would have if I didn't? I always think it would have been Brad. You wouldn't have shown up for work and he would have probably driven over here looking for you after I probably got upset because I wouldn't have been able to find you. I'm not sure why I feel that way but I just know if I had been on a trip it would have been him? But God knew that I should find you and that I would take care of it all for you.

This year I have found myself in ways I never knew possible and I know you would be proud that I have stood by your memory, your friends and I have tried my best to do what is right for me and the life we had started together.

I promise to always stand by what we made together and to always remember you and how much I love you.

I love you Richie Day. I will miss you for eternity.

Love,
Stacie

No comments: