Footprints

Footprints

12/14/06

This Journey

I have embarked on a journey
One I did not want to take
Brought along by the cycle of life
With everything I've known and loved at stake.

The journey is that of grief
For death has left me shattered.
My heart, my life in pieces
Destroying around me all that mattered.

Who am I now, this person within this shell?
Carrying on life's daily duties
While wearing this mask all so well.

I am a person traveling without direction
Trying oh so hard to find my way
To put the shattered pieces back together
To make it through another day.

But the journey is wrought with obstacles
And some pieces of the puzzle, they no longer fit
I'm forced into a new and different life
While the one I had and loved, I can't forget.

I know the journey's long and slow
And someday it has to end.
Life's pieces become the new and different
But will it be beautiful again?


DMG, 2005

No comments: