Footprints

Footprints

12/28/06

Packing and Saying Goodbye

Tonight as I begin to pack for Charleston I have had so many weak moments. I feel as if I am almost packing to say goodbye to not only this year but to the person I was before Richie's death.

I have tried not to place unrealistic expectations on 2007 but its hard when you are so ready for your life to be better. You want the next year to be a fresh start, a new beginning, a magical year where life goes well and all your dreams come true.

So tonight as I pack I realize that I will come back to this house "next year." 2007 is a year where "Last" year will be the year I last heard his keys in the door. "Last" year is the year he will have kissed me goodbye every morning before he left for work. "Last" year will be the year he last told me he loved me.

Goodbye 2006...you were the hardest year of my life but you are also a year I will miss desperately. You were a year that I will cherish because in you I was loved by Richie Day.

Auld Lang Syne
Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days of auld lang syne?
And here's a hand, my trusty friend And gie's a hand o' thine
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet For auld lang syne

Happy New Year...

2 comments:

mdfay said...

I've just read all your entries. Here's a little quote someone gave me a long time ago....so long that I'm probably giving you a version of it rather than the actual quote. But you'll no doubt get the gist of it....here it is.

"Grief is a divine messenger whispering in our ears a simple message; Good Servant, thou hast loved well."

Thanks for sharing yourself. In AA we always like to say that a burdened shared is halved.

LopezGoneCrazy said...

Beautifully written. Felt your pain...saw your memories play in my mind...You made me miss him. But wait...remember this...he's never "gone"...only out of sight. You may not feel his arms..but you'll feel his presence..you may not hear his voice but you'll know when he's trying to tell you something.. and you may not hear his words..but you'll know what he's saying. Love is love no matter wher you are. He's out of sight but he's not gone.