Footprints

Footprints

12/18/06

Please Don't Tell Me Not To Cry

Please don't tell me not to cry
Please don't say there was a reason why
You don't know what I am feeling
Or how much I hurt

The we spots are from tears on the collar of this shirt
You think I should go on with life
Forget about it and be strong
But deep down I am sad, and I don't want to go along

I don't expect you to understand why
For no apparent reason I break down and start to cry
My life has changed forever, you see
And that is why I am not the same ole me

So please don't try to act like nothing happened
Because it's changed my life forever
I will never be the same again
Not today, not tomorrow, but never

The best thing you can do for me is just be there
Just like always, my friend
My broken heart is hurting bad
And it will never mend

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this describes me, and how i feel every day.