Footprints

Footprints

6/25/07

House For Sale

I did what everyone said, I waited a year. Even when I had some tell me they had no idea how I stayed in the house. The simpliest explanation is that I stayed because I was safe there. I could come home and feel Richie there. I could talk to him, cry over him, be angry at him, and just be in our home...close to him.

But now I have to move on. I have to get out for me. It is too hard being there now. It has become a burden to live there, to come home to it, to remember it all.

So this week I begin looking for the next step in my life, the next Chapter...or well, the new phase of Chapter 2?

Wish me luck...I'm scared to say goodbye to my home but I know I have to let it go, I have to let Richie and I and our time there go.

1 comment:

Kimberly McKay said...

What a big step! That is going to be so hard for you, but I'm proud of you for making your own choices and maybe getting some closure. Although what is closure? You'll never forget how much you loved and were loved by him. I wish you some peace with this decision and will pray that God brings it to you.