Footprints

Footprints

3/16/07

St. Patrick's Day- Richie's Favorite Holiday

Yep, tomorrow is Richie Day's favorite holiday. All day long I have had memories of all the ones we spent together. I can't tell you how many green beers that boy and I drank over the years on this holiday!

I remember the year he and I and Mark Thompson went to Fado's in Buckhead for their block party. They were only serving Irish beer...now all of you that know Richie, KNOW that that boy ONLY drank two beers...Natty Light and/or Bud light. Don't give him a Guiness or a Harp, he doesn't know what to do with it. That day that is all he had to drink. Every time he would take a sip he would look at me, grin that grin and say, "Stacie, this tastes like She-i-te (his way of saying the cuss word so it was enunciated in that Richie Day way)." Mark and I thought it was hilarous and of course he would keep saying, "Today is right for drinking."

He always told us that it all had to do with his "Irish" roots and it was a day he HAD to celebrate because of that fact.

Last year he was down at the hunting club with his family and I was up here out with the girls. It's weird that that particular year he was down there and not here. I guess God knew that he didn't have a lot of time left so he needed to be down with them and not up here partying with all of us.

Tomorrow will be bittersweet as I taste my first green beer. I can't remember many St. Patrick's days without him. I can't really remember what I did on this holiday when he wasn't around to go out with me. I will miss him so much tomorrow as this day approaches. I know I'll think of him and Grandpa because those are where his Irish roots came from.

Guys, I hope you two are up there popping open a colsh and smiling down at the world celebrating.

Love you Richie.

No comments: