Footprints

Footprints

3/13/07

The Blessings of Friendships

I have amazing friends...Richie had amazing friends, I have an amazing family, Richie has an amazing family. I have gotten so many calls and emails these past few days of people- friends and our family just letting me know they are thinking about me and knowing the next few weeks are going to be hard.

Today I spoke with Russ down in Albany and he told me that he and Angie continue to pray for me. He is making a cd for their Coastal Cup trip. This year all the guys have figured out a way to make this about Richie. They are wearing hats this year instead of shirts as Richie would love, they are wearing black ribbons that they are going to sell and send all proceeds to Darton for the scholarship, and the cd...oh the cd, Russ and I talked about music today and I was able to share some of my favorite stories about Richie and his music. The story about he and Rad fighting over who was better- GNR or Warrant...then Rad wrecking his car because of them arguring. The U2 song that Warren Haynes sings that Richie thought was the most awesome song in the world...then the WSP song- City of Dreams. Everytime I hear it, I can just see him sitting in his new truck, adjusting the volume, and leaning back with his sunglasses on singing it word for word.

Richie loved music...and I am sure he's up there sharing all his favorite songs with anyone who will listen. He's found a black F150 with a custom radio and he's playing them all as loud as God will let him.

Richie, turn it up...

No comments: