Footprints

Footprints

7/25/07

Italy

Tomorrow at this exact moment I will be sitting at dinner with all my cousins and Shayna's groom's parents at their farm in Northwest Italy.

I am still amazed I will be there in just 12 hours. These last few days leading up to it have been overwhelming. There are many reasons for that but for the first time in my life I don't really want to share...I am keeping it to myself until I understand just what it is.

I'm so anxious about the flight but what is making it easy is that Summer and her boyfriend Marwan are with me on my flight and then Whitney and her husband Mike are on our same flight in Paris to Turino. It just makes me feel better knowing someone on the plane is family. I know, sounds so ridiculous but its just true. I feel comforted knowing they are with me.

I wonder if Richie is proud of me for taking this trip. I wonder what he would have to say about this trip? I've got his wedding ring on for the trip. I haven't worn it in a while but today I put it on. I guess I want him to be "with" me on the trip? I want to somehow feel as if he is sharing this experience with me.

So, with that I've got to shut down and get my things ready. Hopefully I'll get some time to write from there and update you on how I am doing.

God, thank you for this opportunity...I know I am very lucky to be able to take this trip. I ask that you and Richie watch over me as I take another step forward in my life.

No comments: