Footprints

Footprints

1/20/07

Weekends

It used to be fun to wake up on Saturdays...stretch, look around and realize that you have an entire day to do what you want.

Most of my Saturdays were spent watching Richie get up, mess with Levi a little, make fun of the cat, and the he would get in the shower. He did that first thing every morning whether it was a work day or not.

After he showered he would get ready to go play golf...yep, that was his Saturday routine. The phone would start ringing and I'd hear him say, "What's up brohand..." And it would be Tracy, Rad or Brad calling to find out if they were carpooling and what time the tee time was. Richie always wanted to get there early so he could hit some and warm up.

I'd get up as he was getting ready and I'd decide to go shopping or maybe do some things around the house.

It was such a nice routine we had gotten into. Even when we were dating this was our routine. I'd be at his house and I'd watch him go through the same process. It never changed much. He was a simple man with a simple life on the weekends...hunting, golf and then we'd have dinner or go out with friends.

I miss that routine this morning. I have laid in bed, not crying, but I am sad and wish that I had something right now to look forward to for the day. I do make plans and I try to stay busy but sometimes I just lie here and remember those special mornings with him. He made my weekends special because he was a part of them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

stacie, i felt that exact same way the last few mornings. alone. i know it's different, but in some odd way i can so relate to the way you feel. i'm going to blog now - you've inspired me - but just wanted you to know you're not alone in feeling alone. love you.

Unknown said...

you know i just realized something. the name of my newsletter/journal i'd send out from brazil was called "footprints". hmm.

Unknown said...

wait, no. i'm a dork. it was "fingerprints". forgive my random chatting here.