Footprints

Footprints

1/11/07

A Letter to My Wife

I Hear Each Tear

My Wife does not know I am watching her But I'm watching her just the same.
And I hear each tear fall on her face, At the mention of my name.
She says it sounds like music to her ears, And can be heard over a crowd.
Oh, I hear each tear fall on her face, When my name is said aloud.

I watch her stumble through each day, As she wishes the day would end.
And I hear each tear fall on her face, As she talks of me with our friends.
But there are few who truly understand. Oh this I've heard her proclaim.
And I hear each tear fall on her face. Will my Wife ever be the same?

I know that her smile can light up a sky, But I don't see that smile today.
But I hear each tear fall on her face, Her blue skies have turned to gray.
I send to her my warmest hug With the rays of the morning sun.
Then I won't hear a tear fall on her face, For I shall erase them one-by-one.

My Wife does not know I am watching her, But I'm watching her just the same.
And if I hear a tear fall on her face, I'll just softly whisper her name.

No comments: