Footprints

Footprints

4/28/08

Wandering Thoughts...

I'm sitting in my bed in my new home, in my new room and I have found myself lost in thought tonight.

I've thought about my friend Kate who's dad died suddenly on Sunday from a massive heart attack. I've let my mind actually think about Coastal Cup this weekend and what it meant to me in years past- worry, laughter, memories of good and bad days gone by. I've looked around this room thinking of things I want to do to it.

I head to Salt Lake next week and I will see Todd. I'm looking forward to it. He and Rad just are those two guys that I will always feel the need to stay in contact with. I know Todd's been down about his situation and I've promised for a night we are going to go out and forget it! I guess in a way I feel I have to step into Richie's shoes and be the friend that Todd needs? I know Todd would think that is just crazy thinking but in a way, I think deep down he needs the friendship too and right now, he really needs Richie. So, he gets me.

Kristen at work is pregnant. I've tried to be as happy as I can for her and I really am, but its hard. She and I talked so many times about getting pregnant at the same time so we could be out of work at the same time. So. Sad thoughts there.

John's at the Hawks game. Jill's babysitting. Its just me and KC here tonight.

Those are my thoughts tonight. I'm letting my mind wander a lot. Kate's dad's death has hit me strangely. I think its because it seems close to home and she really is a good friend. I remember her telling me she had no idea what to say to me those days after Richie died but she was there for me in any way. I guess I just want to be able to make her feel like I am there too for her this time.

Richie, I hope you are doing good up there...teeing off with one of those long drives on a crystal clear morning. I'm sure the courses up in heaven are amazing and I know this weekend you'll be right there with those boys in Destin. Keep them safe Richie.

No comments: