Footprints

Footprints

8/18/07

Chapter Two?

I have been wanting to write about this for a while but I didn't really know how to write it. Especially on here...but since this seems to be where I open up and share my life and the things new.

So...here it goes...I've met someone very special. I want to say it was a chance meeting but that doesn't seem to give this justice. I kind of sort of met him through friends but I have seen him around before and the first time I ever saw him I thought he was cute and I wanted to meet him. I called him my "crush." Then one night I got the opportunity to take a leap of faith and actually talk to him. When I hear that line, "You had me at hello" it seems to make perfect cheesy sense to me because that is what I said to him...I walked right up to him and said hello and shook his hand. Now what is surprising is that he didn't look at me like I was a freakshow and run. Nope, instead, he shook my hand and we ended up talking the rest of the night. We've been seeing each other ever since.

I am not sure where this is going but I know that I like him a lot and I seem to want to spend as much time as I can with him. I have prayed for someone to come into my life...someone to love me and to accept who I am now. I guess because I know how different I am and although he didn't know me before Richie's death, there are things about me that are so different now. I react different to things, I am scared of so much but I am also not scared of things that most people normally are.

I am happy to spend time with someone for the first time in a very long time. I think about him when I am not with him and I look forward to seeing him every chance I get. I used to hate flying home and making the drive to my house. I was always so sad thinking of how my life just wasn't good? But now when I land I think of him. I think of seeing him and how he makes me laugh. And that is probably the most imporant...he makes me laugh.

So...Richie, if you are up there looking down...be happy for me because he is really special.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Beautiful, Stacie...what a lovely thing to know. I'm reminded about a line in Robert Frost's poem, Birches:

Earth is the right place for love. I don't know where it's likely to go better.

It's what we're meant to do in this world -- to love and be loved. It's like breathing again. Breathe deeply!

Loz said...

I wish you well Stacie

Kimberly McKay said...

Yeah! How sweet is that feeling when you land...knowing that you're going to be with that special someone. It gives 'Coming Home' a whole new meaning. You're not just coming home, but coming home to him. I'm very very happy for you and can tell by your words...how much he means to you.

I think Richie is very happy that you've found someone to heal your heart and make you smile again.